This is pretty cool. It’s a simulation done in Flash using the rag-doll physics incorporated into Half-Life. You can spin around the skeleton, drag it around and even pepper it with bullets and watch it dance.
I have this bad habit of taking on too many projects at the same time. The end result is a to-do list that just keeps on growing.
A sampling of my to-do list
- VB interface between my equipment test spreadsheets and MySQL database
- Dosimetry for monoclonal antibody lymphoma therapy
- Research for a dopamine receptor imaging project
- Website maintenance
- Converting wedding video to VCD/DVD
- Converting graduation video of one of my wife’s friends to VCD/DVD
- Converting in-law’s vacation video to VCD/DVD
- Documenting various database projects I’ve started
- Finish the rest of this year’s x-ray surveys (about 20 more units left to do)
- Attenuation correction method comparison between two of our gamma cameras (another research project)
- Optimize the acquisition protocol for thyroid scans on another one of our gamma cameras
- Optimize the acquisition protocol for brain scans on one of our new gamma cameras
And this is only the small part of my list that I can remember off the top of my head.
ok, back to work…
Ok, I’ll take a stab at this week’s Friday Five.
1. What’s the last place you traveled to, outside your own home state/country?
Made a spur of the moment trip to Toronto, Ontario, Canada to party with friends.
2. What’s the most bizarre/unusual thing that’s ever happened to you while traveling?
February 2003. Sitting on a plane in Chicago just about to take off for the flight back home. The flight attendant announces the flight destination just before the door are about to close. Suddenly, the Arab American sitting behind me jumps up realizing he’s on the wrong flight and rushes off the plane.
The flight is of course delayed while things are investigated. The seat where he was sitting is checked over several times by the flight attendant and then the pilot. Several passengers around me are talking about having the plane evacuated so that a thorough search can be done. About an hour later, we take off without incident.
3. If you could take off to anywhere, money and time being no object, where would you go?
I’d spend several months touring Europe.
4. Do you prefer traveling by plane, train or car?
Train. I like to see the scenery going by, but I hate having to drive to see it.
5. What’s the next place on your list to visit?
Home, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
The wife’s parents are visiting us for part of the weekend. Monday was their 30th wedding anniversary, so tonight we took them out to Peninsula Grill for dinner. Next to Charleston Grill, it’s one of the best restaurants around. Pricey, but the food is well worth it. Definitely a place to put on your list of places to eat at. But save your pennies beforehand. And make reservations early.